There have been many – too many – insults of President Trump by the liberal media that go beyond the realm of decency and fair comment. For example:
- There was the supposed comedienne Kathy Griffin who thought it funny to show a gruesome decapitated head of a replica of Donald Trump covered in (fake) blood. This is what passes for funny among liberals? She was fired last May by CNN and claims that Trump ruined her life. Good!
- Megan Kelly of Fox News who moderated the first Presidential debate in the 2017 campaign claims Donald Trump was angry that her questions to him were deliberately antagonistic. She eventually left Fox and moved to NBC. That’s an improvement?
- MSNBC morning show host Mika Brzezinski has been constantly criticizing and demeaning Pres. Trump, calling him “a liar” and “mentally ill.” The president has shot back with tweets calling her “low I.Q. crazy Mika” and claimed that she had been “bleeding badly from a face-lift” during a social gathering at Mr. Trump’s resort in Florida around New Year’s Eve. A White House spokeswoman said Ms. Brzezinski deserved a rebuke because of her show’s harsh stance on Pres. Trump.
- CNN commentator Reza Aslan felt it was justified to call Pres. Trump “a piece of shit. He’s not just an embarrassment to America he’s an embarrassment to mankind!” Aslan was subsequently fired. CNN has had so many complaints that the network is now in trouble.
- MSNBC host Chris Matthews compared Pres. Donald Trump to a long line of power-hungry politicians, including Italian dictator Benito Mussolini. Speaking of nepotism and the amount of power that Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner seems to wield, Matthews remarked, “So the son-in-law — you know, one good thing Mussolini did was execute his son-in-law.” “I mean, I’m talking about Ciano,” he added, referring to Galeazzo Ciano, whom Mussolini had executed in 1944 after a sham trial found him guilty of treason.
I agree that Pres. Trump is different and some of his tweets are inappropriate and un-presidential and I wish he would stop making them. But, given the level of invective that he has been subjected to, I can at least understand his need to counter-attack and vent. What do you think would have been the reaction if any media had attacked former Pres. Obama in this way?
And yet Obama, for all his intellectuality, was a miserable failure as a President. He was indecisive, an ineffective leader, and he allowed Russia to go into Syria (his famous “red line”) which resulted in the worsening of the civil war and caused hundreds of thousands of casualties, he allowed China to build military bases on islands in the South China Sea, he did nothing as North Korea continued to flout UN and US warnings in developing nuclear weapons, he made an agreement that allowed Iran to eventually develop nuclear weapons, and he allowed the US economy to sink. The coastal elites in America have not yet begun to realize that most of middle America (that part between the coasts) voted for and support Donald Trump and like the way he counter-attacks the elitist liberal media.